Jean Ann S. Sieler is a partner with the law firm Robison, Curphey & O'Connell, LLC.
She represents individuals and business entities in litigation in both Michigan and Ohio with an emphasis in real estate and financial transactions, construction disputes and medical malpractice defense. Jean attended and graduated with honors from the University of Toledo, earning both her undergraduate and Juris Doctor degrees. Soon after graduation in 1986, she joined RCO. Jean was raised on a farm in Riga, Michigan, where her family raised produce and grain crops, and had a small greenhouse operation. She resides in Blissfield with her husband Jeffrey, who operates Sieler Construction Inc., an industrial and commercial contracting company.
AREAS OF PRACTICE Construction Law. Jean has handled many construction disputes including both litigation and arbitration of multimillion dollar construction contract/defect/repair claims. Medical malpractice. Jean’s work focuses on hospital and physician defense, and also includes hospital premises claims, employee misconduct and confidentiality issues. Insurance. Issues span from construction injury claims to coverage disputes. Commercial litigation. Jean’s experience is varied and includes complex real estate disputes and creditor work-out and recovery. Agribusiness. With a background in agriculture, Jean works with farm cooperatives, farmers and affiliated businesses in addressing disputes related to real estate, business relations, crop damage, and contracting.
- President, Blissfield Rotary Club (2010-2011)
- Ohio Association of Civil Trial Attorneys
- Michigan Defense Trial Counsel
- Chair, Toledo Bar Association Citizen Dispute Settlement Program (1993-1995, 1999-2000), Doctors & Lawyers Committee (2005-2007, 2012)
- American Bar Association Forum on the Construction Industry and Forum on Health Law
- President, Lucas County Bar Association (2011)
- Ohio, 1987
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, 1987
- U.S. District Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 1988
- Michigan, 1988
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 1988
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2010
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- J.D., University of Toledo College of Law (cum laude, Order of the Coif), 1986
- B.S., University of Toledo, University College (magna cum laude), 1983